QCH is able to distribute quilts to needy children because individuals just like you have generously donated time, money, and quilting materials.
Quilts From Caring Hands relies solely on material and money donations from supporters, and time from volunteers. You can help support Quilts From Caring Hands in a variety of ways, listed on this page. There are many ways to help support Quilts From Caring Hands.
By Giving Quilting Materials…
- Completed quilts for children: twin (60″ x 80″), crib (40″ x 50″). Please note that these sizes are approximates. May either be machine quilted or tied.
- 100% cotton fabric in large pieces, including preprinted panels
- Pieced blocks, “works in progress,” quilt tops
- Textured fabric — i.e. terry cloth, fleece, velour, fake fur (for tactile quilts)
- Cotton or 80/20 cotton/poly batting
- Crochet thread size 10
By Giving Monetary Support…
Quilts from Caring Hands is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; donations are tax deductible. As QCH is run totally by volunteers, 100% of donations go to support this project. We appreciate contributions of any size — even a few dollars will help us meet our budget and allow us to purchase supplies such as batting, thread, and fabric.
- By Giving Cash – If you feel so inclined, we are very grateful for any cash donations. You can send a check directly to us through the mail. Make checks payable to Quilts From Caring Hands.
- Amazon Smile Amazon Smile is a program by Amazon to help charities and organizations like ours. You can support Quilts From Caring Hands by shopping at smile.amazon.com. Amazon Smile will automatically donate 0.5% of the price of your purchase at no cost to you.
- PayPal is a secure way to use a credit or debit card to directly donate any amount of money. To make a donation, please use the button on this page.
- Tell us about grant opportunities. Do you know of a company or organization that supports non-profits like ours? Please contact us to let us know.
Buy A Quilt
One of our main fund raising methods is to sell quilts. We don’t make custom quilts but some of our member-made quilts are for sale locally. Sorry, we do not mail quilts.You can support us by buying a quilt. Our quilts are available to view at Shonnard’s – Nursery, Florist, & Landcape (1022, 6600 Philomath Bld, Corvallis, OR 97333) year round, and at Imagine Coffee (5460 Philomath Blvd, Corvallis, OR 97333) during the month of December. Any unsold quilts go into our quarterly give-away program.
By Giving Time …
At weekly meetings:
- Sort and organize fabrics
- Select patterns and fabrics for quilt tops
- Tie quilts
- Give us encouragement
- Sew binding and labels on quilts
- Make a 100% quilt top of your design or from a kit
- Machine quilt tops
- Wash new or donated fabric, iron, and return.
- Cut fabric into standardized squares or strips (2 ½”, 3 ½”, 4 ½”, 5 ½”, 6 ½”)
- Sew batting pieces together