Four times a year, our quilts are given to designated social service agencies, to be distributed to their clients. We enjoy seeing the bundles of quilts ready to be given away – in an average quarter we give away 150 – 180 quilts. While we rarely get to see the children who receive them, we do get to hear stories of how the quilts are used or given, and that is always something we look forward to. We donate quilts to children through the following Oregon agencies:
- Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV) — support for women and children leaving abusive homes
- Trillium Family Services — residential treatment center for troubled teens
- Love, INC — helping families in crisis to meet basic needs in Linn and Benton counties
- Good Samaritan Hospital — needy newborns receive our quilts
- Old Mill Center — provider of services for children and families
- Department of Human Services (Linn & Benton County) — foster-care children
- Vina Moses — helps low income families
- Philomath/June’s Kid’s Closet — helps low income families
- ABC House — advocacy center for abused children
- Willamette ESD and Linn/Benton/Lincoln ESD — tactile (VIP) quilts for visually impaired children
- Homeless 509J — support to homeless students and families within the school district
- Mari’s Place at Community Outreach — daycare support for low income families
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (Linn & Benton County) (CASA) – legal representation for children in court.
- Lifeline Baby Boutique – support for single parents from Hope Church in Albany
All items are distributed to these agencies on a quarterly basis.